The Scientist, Analytical Development conducts all aspects of Analytical Development including method development, experimentation, and record keeping. The incumbent must be able to develop and implement methods that meet project needs.
The position is responsible for conducting analytical development studies with increasing complexity in nature and solving problems to ensure a robust method can be performed in the laboratory.
This position is located in our in the company's Innovation and Development Center in Skokie, IL
- Accepts responsibility for all aspects of Analytical Development including transfer to Quality Technologies or Quality Control or other testing laboratory.
- Ensures all technologies needed are available for project completion.
- Routine stability testing consisting of PH testing, volume check, instrumental color, particulate matter (finished product testing)
- Plans, develops, and implements scientifically well-designed experimental programs and demonstrates creativity and capability in analytical method development, validation, and testing.
- Identifies problem areas and utilizes scientific resources to recommend alternatives, priorities, and results to resolve problems.
- Accurately and completely records experimental procedures, test results, and observations to meet corporate and GMP requirements.
- Establishes work priorities for assignments within his/her authority and keeps assignment completion on schedule.
- Requires an eye for detail and repetitive precision in lab work and documentation.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Skills in handling wet chemistry and operating basic lab instruments
- Skills in FTIR, UV/VIS, Karl Fischer, Osmometer, Polarimeter, HIAC, Colorimeter, Titrations, and pH
- Skills in designing and executing experiments using different lab instruments and techniques
- Knowledge of statistical analysis/interpretation, pharmaceutical dosage forms, as well as concepts in developing novel drug delivery systems
- Familiar with concepts of pharmaceutical analytical operations including FDA and GMP regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)