Experis is partnering with our client to identify an Aerospace Engineer with an interest in Value Stream to join their team in Mesa, AZ.
The ideal candidate will be a practicing Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineer, with experience in major aircraft systems, who is looking towards a Value Stream or Cost centered role to expand their skills. Main responsibilities to include estimating and pricing proposal, basis of estimates, issuing RFP's, procurement, or financial analysis
Develops supplier selection and material cost reduction plans for major aerospace systems category items to achieve highest quality and value, while maintaining project schedule to enable overall project success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Identify waste opportunities across the Value Stream: suppliers / materials, logistics, product, mfg. process, expenses / supplies, services and others.
- Leverage internal and external resources to drive Design for Manufacturing and Design for Cost initiatives through engineering and product development teams.
- Drive projects that result in product and productivity cost improvements by utilizing VA/VE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering) methodologies, which focus on improving both existing product lines and new designs as a control for escalating material and labor costs, or improving product margins, while maintaining product integrity
- Partner with project management and sales in the pre-sale phase of projects to proactively prepare sourcing plans that yield the most effective cost, schedule and quality solution for purchased materials and purchased services.
- Validate technical specifications and informs design engineering of new emerging technologies and alternative processes and materials to develop the most cost effective and high quality solution.
- Assist in bid processes including preparation of RFQ packages to ensure product and service requirements are appropriately documented and comprehensively assesses supplier proposals for price, requirement satisfaction, terms and conditions, schedule, risk, supplier performance and best value. (e.g., lifecycle, reliability, maintainability, cost reduction potential)
- Assist in developing negotiation strategies based upon the proposal analysis including price / cost factors, terms and conditions, and technical issues. Partners with subcontracts administration on contractual agreements that address all elements (e.g., terms and conditions, statement of work, additional and/or value added service requirements, pricing).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with CAD (Inventor, Pro/E, Solidworks, etc)
- Broad range of computer skills-database, spreadsheet and statistics applications.
- Ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change.
- Experience and complete understanding of a MRP / ERP system (preferably JD Edwards) preferred
- Advance skills in and proficient with Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace engineering, or equivalent, plus 3-7 years of experience
- Experience is design or procurement of hydraulic systems, weapons and mission systems etc
- Experience in aerospace/defense is required
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)