Manufacturing Engineer-New Product Introduction
12+ month contract/project position as part of new product manufacturing processes for electro-mechanical safety products. Possible conversion to direct hire.
- Leading manufacturing process development for new product introductions.
- Implementing manufacturing tooling and automation to improve workplace safety, operator productivity and product quality.
- Determining impact of engineering changes and take appropriate measures to ensure processes are validated, capable, and all product documentation for the affected operations (methods, BOM's, test procedures, etc.) are updated to support the change prior to release to production.
- Supporting DFMEA reviews, facilitate PFMEA, and Design for Manufacturability/Assembly (DFM/A) reviews.
- Leading measurement systems analysis (MSA) and process capability studies to ensure process validation.
- Creating and managing comprehensive manufacturing plans and capital budgets in line with operational strategies and customer expectations.
- Leading and partner with internal and external resources to develop automated and mistake proofed processes and equipment.
- Performing statistical analysis using Minitab, including capability studies, control charts, and interpret results.
Your Skills and Expertise Must have:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of combined experience in manufacturing engineering in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and lean manufacturing principles
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in New Product Introductions as a Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent New Product Introduction role (Automotive, Aerospace and/or Medical) in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and use of quality/statistical tools
- New product launch and project management experience (Agile)
- Strong automation and test equipment development experience