Advanced GPU Hardware Development Lab Manager
Location: Oak Hill, TX (78735)
Contract Length: 6 months (with possibility for extension)
As an Advanced GPU HW Hardware Development Lab Manager, you will be chiefly responsible to ensure lab readiness for the post-silicon validation engineering efforts of AMD's latest graphics IPs and technologies on dGPUs. This will include responsibilities such as: managing GPU server platforms in the validation test lab, setting up lab infrastructure, lab networking, lab systems, SW tools, test automation support, purchasing, maintaining and tracking HW test equipment. While working with cutting edge HPC (high performance computing) technologies, you will be part of a team enabling the bring-up and development of advanced GPU systems and designs. The Lab Manager is part of a cross-functional technical team working with Validation and Design engineers, other lab personnel and the Facilities team.
- A successful candidate must be curious, self-driven, collaborative, and a strong team player with hands-on technical experience and skills to support lab test operations.
- Must be proactive, innovative and have excellent teamwork, communication and organization skills, and be effective at multi-tasking.
- Proven experience working and managing HW test labs; experience with Server systems, dGPUs, HW validation, automation and debug in a lab environment
- Candidate should have an understanding of the general silicon engineering process (preferably GPU, or CPU/APU), from concept to tape-out to production.
- Lead & drive lab activities pertaining to equipment readiness and co-ordination for post-silicon validation efforts of AMD's newest GPU
- Create, plan, and execute on all lab requirements including equipment ordering, facilities coordination, equipment management, maintenance, repair to meet product schedules
- Analyze and report any issues or concerns
- Close issues in collaboration with other cross-functional engineering teams
- Develop lab improvements and efficiencies for better overall test execution and throughput capacity
- Hands on experience working in a Hardware Development Lab
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture (CPU/APU, graphic cards, memory, bus logic, and display technologies) and software architecture (driver/bios)
- Experience with purchasing process - vendor quotes, generating PO's, pushing deliveries
- Experience working within and maintaining a budget - able to prioritize and negotiate
- Experience with test equipment - scopes, thermal chambers, etc.
- Fluent in various Software operating systems including Linux, Windows, MAC
- Ability to set up hardware and build computer systems
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.