Advanced Automation Engineer - Systems Integrator - Robotics - Mobile Equipment
This newly created, highly visible position will serve as an integral member within an engineering staff that is developing the next generation of mobile robotics that are being used in industrial, off-highway applications. This Automation Engineer will work within a dynamic, collaborative team based environment that provides design, implementation, and validation capabilities that are driven by development process that focuses on the research & development of electrical and electro-mechanical robotic systems from concept to production. This position will be expected to be involved in the multi-year design of entire systems, providing input at levels ranging from architecture to specific hardware selection. The incumbent's work will range from specification development and programming to basic robotic construction and wiring. Hands on work will be required, as well as field work for validation of the systems.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Software development of new machine capabilities related to remote operation, semi-autonomous, and full autonomous operation
- Integration and testing of Autonomous systems via equipment Proving Grounds, Hardware-In-Loop simulators, and Data & Analytic platforms
- Acquire and integrate new technology products related to automation (LiDAR, RADAR, Camera, HPGPS, Computers)
- Recommend, plan, and lead software development improvement initiatives
- Work with Product Support to help define and deliver requirements for maintaining and troubleshooting systems developed
- Develop and maintain knowledge base and standards related to software development, quality, and reliability
- Ensures implementation and utilization of state-of-the-art analytical tools and techniques in the area of software development and reliability
- Participates in Software DFMEA activities for major product development initiatives
- Participates in and/or Leads major product issue resolution initiatives including formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on software product failures as required
- Responsible for continual improvement and monitoring of all Software Design and Development processes and procedures
- Interface with customer and marketing to gather voice of customer (VOC) as part of requirements
- Liaise with Drives, Motors, and Mechanical Systems to build total solutions
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering
3+ years' experience in the development of software control systems
Experience with control architecture design
Field experience with on-site customer implementatio (installation/commissioning/troubleshooting/support
Experience integrating advanced sensors such as RADAR, LiDAR, etc.
Experience integrating positioning and orientation sensors such as GPS, Inertial Measurement, etc.
Experience in advanced control algorithm development such as Kalman Filters, state feedback control, PID gain calculation, model development, etc.
Experience with wireless communication and/or networking
Experience in various communication protocols (RS232/422/485, TCP/IP, CANOpen, J1939, ProfiBus/ProfiNet, EtherCAT, etc.)
HMI development experience
LabView experience (certification as a CLAD, CLD, or CLA a significant plus!)
Up to 10% travel may be required
Our client is global, growing, publically held manufacturing company that has been experiencing double digit growth by specializing in the development of leading edge products. They are dedicated to being a preferred employer, providing career development opportunities designed to maximize employee potential while offering great advancement opportunities along the way. To that end, they offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits packages, and an excellent working environment!
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)