Advanced Automation Engineering Leader
This is key position that will be responsible for overseeing a growing team of talented engineers who develop the next generation of mobile robotics that are being used in industrial, off-highway applications. The role will be directly involved in the technical specification, hardware selection, integration, and testing of systems designed to completely automate numerous product platform.
Department Makeup and Key Deliverables: This role will work within a dynamic, collaborative team based environment that provides design, implementation, and validation capabilities that are driven by development process that focuses on the research & development of electrical and electro-mechanical robotic systems from concept to production. This position will be expected to be involved in the multi-year design of entire systems, providing input at levels ranging from architecture to specific hardware selection. The incumbent's work will range from specification development and programming to basic robotic construction and wiring. Hands on work may be required, as well as field work for validation of the systems.
We are seeking an individual who is capable of developing a roadmap with product management, developing milestones to the agreed upon timing, and collaborating in a small team environment with a high level of autonomy and freedom to pursue creative design ideas. The team today uses an Agile style of product development and are ultimately responsible for turning concepts into functional designs with a strong focus on end user experiences. A strong desire to expand one's knowledge is also important because the team integrates advanced and emerging technologies so it is critical for the incumbent to enjoy working on technology in which they may not be familiar.
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in the design/development of software control systems
- Experience in new product development and equally important experience in leading a skilled team
- Familiarity with automation controls systems such as PLC's, robotics, and HMI's
- Experience with control architecture design
- Experience integrating advanced sensors such as RADAR, LiDAR, etc.
- Experience integrating positioning and orientation sensors such as GPS, Inertial Measurement, etc.
- Experience in advanced control algorithm development such as Kalman Filters, state feedback control, PID gain calculation, model development, etc.
- Experience with wireless communication and/or networking
- Experience in various communication protocols (RS232/422/485, TCP/IP, CANOpen, J1939, ProfiBus/ProfiNet, EtherCAT, etc.)
- HMI development experience
- LabView experience (certification as a CLAD, CLD, or CLA a significant plus!)
- Up to 15% travel may be required
Our client is global, growing, publically held manufacturing company that has been experiencing double digit growth by specializing in the development of leading edge products. They are dedicated to being a preferred employer, providing career development opportunities designed to maximize employee potential while offering great advancement opportunities along the way. To that end, they offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits packages, and an excellent working environment!
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)