Under minimal supervision, provides a wide range of general administrative support to colleagues in the office and/or field. Responsible for scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, arranging events and other projects as assigned. Responsibilities may also include assisting with accounting/bookkeeping duties. May provide direction and coaching to less experienced Administrative Assistants or other office staff colleagues.
1. Answers phone inquiries, handles incoming and outgoing mail and provides general office administration support. Represents the company by welcoming visitors, answering questions and handling general requests as needed. Handles more complex questions and concerns.
2. Receives client service requests, dispatches technicians, and processes technician timesheets. May open and process work orders.
3. Completes projects and special assignments by determining priorities, managing time, and making adjustments to plans.
4. May arrange travel plans and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging and/or meeting rooms and meeting accommodations. May provide support for senior level colleagues.
5. Prepares a variety of reports, analyzes data, creates job files, identifies and recommends solutions.
6. May assist with HR duties such as new colleague orientation, onboarding, payroll, and new hire paperwork. May participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
7. Coordinates all general administrative activities as necessary (e.g. receptionist, accounting and other office staff colleagues). Issues purchase orders to suppliers and invoices service tickets.
8. Assists Project Managers and other colleagues with contract administration, change orders, subcontractors, tracking shipments, sales meeting preparation, miscellaneous paperwork (e.g. certificates of insurance) and financial reporting.
9. Performs other office administrative duties including but not limited to ordering office supplies and other supplies/services such as ordering company shirts. Handles all site maintenance issues (e.g. cleaning service, pest control, etc.) and office equipment maintenance.
10. Acts as back up for other office jobs such as the receptionist.
11. May assist with fleet operations including ordering trucks or vans, maintaining fuel and maintenance cards. Ensure accurate driver information and recordkeeping.
12. May act as an informal resource for less experienced colleagues.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Job Skills Requirements:
Strong planning and organizational skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated
Customer service and detail-oriented
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Very adaptable responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
High School diploma or equivalent
Associates degree preferred
Minimum of three years of office management or related experience required
Previous accounting, bookkeeping, and/or financial experience helpful
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)