The Accounts Payable Specialist role is responsible for receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. As a critical member of the accounting team this candidate is focused on our inventory accounting processes, but may take on additional accounts payable responsibilities. The candidate must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills and have extensive experience with A/P accounting processes.
- Accurate and timely posting of invoices to SAP
- Print and review of AP reports
- Set up new vendors and create folders
- Print check run
- Maintain check log of all checks issued and voided
- Obtain appropriate signatures on checks
- Mail checks and file invoice copies
- 1099 reporting including keeping current W-9s on all pertinent vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements to AP system
- Resolve invoicing issues with vendors
- Identify and recommend cost saving opportunities to management
- Other duties as assigned
- Clear written and oral communication
- Strong excel skills are a must!
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Minimum of a High School diploma - some college is a plus
- 4 year of accounts payable or related accounting experience
- Excel experience is required
- SAP highly preferred or other large ERP system required
At Jefferson Wells (www.jeffersonwells.com), we've built a reputation for results-driven, innovative workforce solutions that help companies create competitive advantage. From basic to complex, we custom tailor our services to fit our clients' needs from interim and permanent professional talent resourcing to complete project solutions in the areas of risk advisory, tax and finance & accounting. Our professionals provide specialized industry and technical experience and expertise to our clients, enabling them to accelerate their business performance. We serve clients, including Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, from offices worldwide leveraging the workforce capabilities of the ManpowerGroup.