Sr. Accounting Manager | DIRECT HIRE | Glen Allen, VA | Salary Range: 100K to 110K plus benefits
Our client, a global Specialty Insurance firm based in Glen Allen, VA, has an immediate direct hire opportunity available for a Sr. Accounting Manager with strong Oracle EBS support experience
The Sr. Accounting Manager is a member of the Operations and Support team within Accounting & Finances Process and Technology Solutions organization whose function is to provide oversight and support of existing financial systems in addition to partnering with the Strategy team to assess, improve, and implement solutions across the global organization.
The role provides support and oversight of ERP and EPM Cloud Services in addition to a variety of COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) systems used by organization. The roles primary responsibility is to analyzing service/system issues, evaluate applicable processes and procedures and provide solutions. Secondarily, the role will lead or participant in the implementation of internal or cross-divisional project or enhancement initiatives. As such, the role may provide systems analysis, requirements gathering, testing and project management. In this capacity, the role is also accountable for ensuring requirements are defined, documented and tested, as well as adoption of supporting processes, procedures and governance.
Essential Requirements of the Role:
Prior work experience supporting and implementing ERP, EPM, Disbursements, Treasury and Investment systems working with cross-functional teams and supporting highly complex projects.
Good understanding of Financials, Budgeting, Treasury and Investment acumen.
Solid time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to influence, work independently and interact with a variety of roles and levels within the organization.
SLDC or Agile experience in requirement elicitation, design, development, customization, implementation and testing.
Qualifications and Experiences
- College degree Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience.
- Extensive experience in managing, implementing, supporting of Oracle Financials (Oracle eBusiness Suite P2P, R2R modules) or (Oracle Cloud Fusion)
- 8-10 years work experience in Oracle Financials (Oracle Cloud Fusion or EBS - full life cycle ERP Implementation experience preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the GL, AP, FA, Cash Management & Expense modules
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Financials (Oracle Cloud /EBS)
- Should have foundational knowledge of Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Hands on experience in solution design using Oracle Financial ERP; Ability to work with business to drive solutions for complex business problems; Experience in serving as the liaison to business as product owner
- Experience in to working with business SMEs and technical teams to develop / scope functional requirements, conduct FIT-GAP Analysis, develop detail functional specifications, review technical specifications, prepare use case scenarios / test scripts, execute functional testing, and prepare cut-over plans
- Strong skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly
- Ability to multi-task, working on more than one issue simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to organizational and planning skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a manner that the business friendly manner
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to partner with the business community
- Negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Products - Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint Education
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)