Job Title: Accounting Manager
Duration: 3 Months (Possible extension after 3 months)
Location: Dallas, TX || Remote
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; a CPA and/or MBA may be required or equivalent years of experience.
- 7+ years' experience in Peoplesoft General Ledger and Financial modules.
- Public and/or private accounting, including 3+ years' experience in progressively responsible supervisory/management positions.
- Remote position looking for Midwest (CST time zone) candidates
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Proven ability to effectively interact with senior management, employees, internal and external auditors. Highly developed written, oral, and presentation skills. Demonstrated financial planning, negotiation, and influencing skills, leadership competencies and ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise employees and all aspects of the accounting systems.
- Ability to present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards (FASB), theories, & practices.
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge of financial issues & economic impact beyond technical knowledge. Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate advanced figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Advanced understanding of accounting and bookkeeping concepts. Able to assist with budget and forecast preparation. Administers accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing Client financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft suite applications and real estate or other financial accounting software. Thorough knowledge of computer applications related to real estate accounting or financial management systems. Advanced knowledge of computer applications related to real estate accounting or financial management systems. Responsible for more complex accounting activities associated with maintaining the general ledger and for the production of various resultant financial statements. Normally directs a group of accountants. May participate in complex general accounting projects. Administers approved accounting policies & practices to ensure that financial & operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business & provide reliable information necessary to control the operations. Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
- Examines and evaluates subordinate's work product for accuracy and completeness. Identifies training needs of subordinate staff and provides technical guidance. Prepares, reviews and approves journal entries prepared by the accounting group.
- Responsible for supervision of general and sub ledger maintenance and preparation of operation and financial statements. Researches and responds to accounting inquiries. Provides technical advice and training on accounting systems to staff. Ensures that systems are in compliance with acceptable accounting practices and applicable regulations. May assist with audit procedures. Provides technical advice and training on accounting systems to staff.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)