Senior Manager Technical Accounting
In accordance with US GAAP and Company Policies & Procedures, review various financial reports and disclosures for shareholders, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other governmental agencies and departments, and investment analysts. Provide technical accounting support to the Business Units and Corporate executive management by researching technical accounting matters and providing guidance on the proper accounting treatment of unique transactions.
1. Ensure timely research and accurate implementation of new US GAAP standards and SEC rules and regulations.
2. Identify and assess the impact of current reporting trends and proposed US GAAP standards and SEC rules.
3. Define and establish worldwide accounting policies and procedures for new US GAAP standards and assist with implementation.
4. Assist and advise on the timely and accurate documentation of significant and non-routine accounting transactions and events.
5. Provide accurate and consistent US GAAP and SEC reporting technical advice to the finance organization.
6. Perform special projects and identify and analyze specific problem areas and make recommendations for corrective actions.
7. Review monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of financial information prepared by the external reporting team, including Forms 10-Q/K, Irish Annual Report and carve-out financial statements.
8. Review responsibility over all reports filed with the SEC and executive management.
9. Reconcile worldwide derivative balances on a monthly basis and perform review of annual hedge documentation prepared by Treasury (including new commodity contracts).
10. Ensure the company is in compliance with the US GAAP consolidation rules for existing subsidiaries and new acquisitions.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Minimum of seven years relevant experience.
CPA certification required with SEC / US GAAP reporting.
Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills.
Must also have demonstrated ability to select, motivate, evaluate and develop personnel.
Ability to meet firm deadlines.
Computer competency with familiarity with a variety of application software. Experience with HFM is desirable.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)