Experis is partnered with a Fortune 100 financial services company to find an Accountant in the financial services field with strong reconciliation and analysis skills. Here are the details:
Job Family Description:
- Accountant with 2-5 years of experience.
- Examines, analyzes and interprets accounting records to prepare statements and/or advise management.
- Able to mentor junior members of team as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong ability to reconcile various reconciliations, make recommendations, identify gaps and errors and provide reporting.
- This position requires the incumbent to have working knowledge of the reconciliation process. The person selected will be responsible for identifying and resolving complex issues by suggesting creative solutions, process improvements and performing root cause analysis and trending related to their process, ensuring that actions are taken to minimize losses.
- Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Re-Reconcile and analyze activity to identify cause of exceptions and raise issues as soon as discrepancies occur.
* Understanding the risks created by exceptions.
* Ensure that issues are properly escalated, recorded and resolved.
* Understand end to end reconciliation processes to identify risk and assist with creation of mitigating controls.
* Ability to prioritize workload.
* Maintain communication with the operational departments.
* Prepare and review reconciliations and reports.
* Support offshore teams.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong MS Excel -with ability to create spreadsheets, macros, pivot tables and V-lookups
- MS Access a plus
- Analytical skills required
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)