Global CUSTOMER SALES MANAGER - OEM
My client is a global leader in their industry and they are widely known for their quality products. Due to continued growth, the company is seeking a Global Customer Sales Manager to join their team based in Auburn Hills. Specifically, they are looking for a strong, resourceful sales and business development leader with skills working closely with OEM customers and with global cross functional teams. It is very important that the person in this role be open to future progression as this position will be a key player in the growth of the company and likely be considered for a next step role in the future.
Preferred: a college graduate (accredited). It is preferred if the candidate has a degree in an engineering discipline (electrical or mechanical) with extensive product development engineering background in the automotive industry. Requires a minimum of three years of experience in automotive/components supplying industry including experience from concept to launch of programs.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues. Familiar with managerial accounting concepts.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Resilient - Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- 3+(5-7 ideal) years of sales account working experience with automotive components, preferably within a Global Tier 1 supplier to GM, FCA and/or Ford
- Bachelors in business or technical area preferred.
- Local and International travel required.
At Experis, we realize your potential cannot be captured in a resume and that you're much more than a job title. We understand you are an exceptional individual with endless possibilities and that it is not just what you can do that is important, but also what you want to do. That is why we make sure to uncover your unique talents, interests and goals to best connect you to career opportunities that inspire you and your success. You will get more out of work than you imagined possible. If you are interested in engineering careers in the Metro Detroit or West Michigan areas, email me and let's discuss your career goals. - Mark Ondersma, Sr Account Manager, EXPERIS.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)