Job Title: Account Management Expert 1
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension
Purpose of The Position:
Manage inbound communications (phone/email) and develop new customers at accounts for the Research Business Unit.
Essential Job Functions:
* Answer inbound phone/email inquiries and evaluate customer requests for pricing agreements, special packaging, etc., exercising judgment with defined procedures and processes by utilizing available tools and guidelines.
* Balance the nature of customers' inbound requests with sales history, usage volume, sales targets, and profitability objectives to determine if and how opportunities should be pursued. Negotiate with customers to reach a conclusion that meets the customers' needs and is profitable for Sigma-Aldrich.
* Understand competitor offerings and Sigma-Aldrich products and programs (New Lab Start Up, stockroom, freezer, satellite warehouse, etc.) well enough to recognize the opportunity to offer product bundles, promotions, etc., and ultimately present appropriate packages to inbound inquirers.
* Utilize internal resources such as tech service or tactical marketing to suggest alternative products or product bundles to build additional order value.
* Follow up on all quotes issued to ensure high quote conversion rate and increase line item conversion.
* Continue dialogue with converted customers and accounts to grow the customer relationship, deliver additional sales, and ensure the customer's needs are fully met. .
* Identify opportunities or accounts that require more strategic support based on a combination of customer needs and the potential of the opportunity.
* Maintain thorough records of all customer conversations to support the decision-making process via utilization of the CRM or other systems as available.
* Sales Acceleration team will nurture lead share program.
BS in Biology, Chemistry or Business.
Two to three years of sales support or customer service experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of Sigma-Aldrich products, processes and systems; understanding of customer requirements in the research marketplace.
* Fundamental service aptitude and skills; professional written, verbal and phone communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks/time professionally.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)