Background in high volume AP able to enter 200 + invoices per week. Attention to detail a MUST, ability to navigate with a computer, be tech savvy, able to retain information, reliable.
This position ensures the proper accounting for all accounts payable transactions that are critical to the operations for our company and its subsidiaries. The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for providing analysis, accuracy, policy compliance and timeliness in the day-to-day administration of accounts payable. This position will frequently interact with all levels of employees across the company as well as outside contacts, so professionalism, judgment, and excellent communication and consulting skills are required.
1. Process invoices, Unapplied Receipts (UR) and journal vouchers.
2. Manage Cannot Pay Queue (CNPQ) and Match Exception (ME) reports.
3. Review and manage vendor statements to ensure invoices have been received. Resolve issues as needed.
4. Maintain Vendor Master to include vendor setup, analyze 1099 taxability and vendor classification, and manage the Accounts Payable (AP) email.
5. Perform other duties such as vault and invoice send back.
6. Test, troubleshoot and function as a technical liaison on multiple accounts payable related systems.
7. Utilize accounts payable best practices to assist with implementing policies, procedures and training.
8. Manage risk by ensuring and maintaining defect free transactions associated with accounts payable payment cycles.
9. Provide support for internal and external audits.
10. Utilize system queries to provide analysis for data-driven decision making.
11. Seek out and execute on opportunities for process improvement or to gain efficiencies.
12. Work collaboratively with employees at all levels to detect issues and implement agreed upon solutions relating to transactions and system discrepancies.
13. Understand and execute against new laws, proposed laws, and regulations that govern accounts payable.
14. Other duties as assigned.
What they will have:
The typical incumbent will have an Associates Degree and one (1) year of experience in a high-volume production area.
Preferred incumbents will have an Accounts Payable certification, experience with PeopleSoft or a similar application, and/or experience with participating in process improvement projects.
At a minimum, the incumbent must possess education and experience equivalent to an Associates Degree plus one (1) additional year of relevant experience.
What they will bring:
1. Demonstrated commitment to excellence, initiative, innovation, adaptability, and teamwork.
2. Working knowledge of applicable finance and accounts payable policies, contracting and procurement best practices, and of general accounting functions and internal controls including General Ledger (GL) and Accounts Payable (AP).
3. Demonstrated problem solving skills including the ability to recommend options and implement solutions.
4. Ability to interpret reports and analyze data with attention to detail.
5. Effective written and verbal communications skills.
6. Proficiency with Excel, Word and other applications.
7. Solid organization skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
8. High attention to detail.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)