Experis is partnering with a global leading and growing electrical/electronic manufacturing company in the Waukesha, WI area on a couple direct hire/permanent 3rd Shift Production Supervisor positions.
We've successfully worked with this company for many years. Companies from various industries depend on my client to solve some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet.
The company offers a very generous/flexible base salary and overtime pay, great benefits package, and the opportunity for strong and quick advancement as they have multiple facilities within the Greater Milwaukee Area.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing and training a productive workforce to meet established production goals while maintaining schedules, safety objectives, quality objectives, and employee morale on assigned shift. In this role, you would have responsibility to improve throughput velocity to achieve sales growth, on-time shipping, and WIP inventory targets.
Making what matters work at takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will staff, develop and maintain an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals.
- You will be responsible for employee selection, counseling, training and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status.
- You will establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- You will help achieve plant safety objectives to improve incident rate, OSHME score, and safety risk rating.
- You will improve employee involvement and communications to achieve strategic operating objectives.
- You will plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- You will own the overall performance of assigned area. Facilitate smooth hand offs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant level goals, work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- You will maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- You will be responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department.
- You will prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department and provides other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- You will be responsible for effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase production while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state of the art manufacturing.
- You will identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- You will act as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities
- You will ensure that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported and used
- You will act as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- You will have departmental responsibility and provide departmental leadership across all three shifts
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience - experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Prior experience working in an Engineered to Order environment
- Prior experience with machining, assembly, fabrication operations
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 familiarity
- SAP, Excel proficiency
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)