2nd Shift Production Supervisor - Hours - Monday - Friday 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for our client who is a growing leading manufacturer located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. This is a key role that is responsible for ensuring the production of products at the highest quality and lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Prioritize, schedule, delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the manufacturing functions
- Ensure compliance with company and departmental safety standards along with all work rules and regulations
- Plan production schedules and review component parts availability against build schedule
- Review parts shortages with purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for safety, quality, and quantity
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements
- Utilize production metrics and facts to make decisions and drive improvements
- Ensure adherence to manufacturing procedures and requirements, participate in CI planning sessions
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures and plan the repair of machines and equipment to minimize downtime
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods
- Continually evaluate and implement improvements in processes, production methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in a Manufacturing program is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required preferably in a continuous improvement environment related to the manufacture of electrical/electronic equipment
- Experience in soldering and wire harness assembly in electronic/electrical cabinet assembly environment and in electronic assembly test procedures.
- Understanding of ISO 9001: 2000 or similar Quality Management System
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP software (preferably SAP)
- Experience in leading and implementing lean manufacturing processes and tools such as; one piece flow, 5S, standardized work, Kanban, value stream mapping and kaizen event
- Thorough understanding of the assembly skills used in mechanical and electrical assembly
- Ability to maintain and perform training related to assembly, test, shipping and receiving procedures, and work instructions
- Prefer candidates with experience working on an off-shift schedule
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with OSHA standards, safety initiatives and audits
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is dedicated to being a preferred employer who provide a global environment with interactions to numerous cultures, career opportunities in diverse areas, a highly competitive benefit package, including a generous 401(K) plan, profit sharing, corporate wide bonus plan, educational assistance program, and monetary rewards through employee recognition programs. They look to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, and have a desire to learn and grow. Their culture of continuous improvement values hiring individuals that are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond. Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)