2nd Shift Production Supervisor
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for our client who is a growing leading manufacturer headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is a key role that is responsible for ensuring the production of products at the highest quality and lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Prioritize, schedule, delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the manufacturing functions
- Ensure compliance with company and departmental safety standards along with all work rules and regulations
- Plan production schedules and review component parts availability against build schedule
- Review parts shortages with purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for safety, quality, and quantity
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements
- Utilize production metrics and facts to make decisions and drive improvements
- Ensure adherence to manufacturing procedures and requirements, participate in CI planning sessions
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures and plan the repair of machines and equipment to minimize downtime
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods
- Continually evaluate and implement improvements in processes, production methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in a Manufacturing program is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required (union environment strongly preferred). Five (5) years is preferred
- Familiarity with fabrication and assembly processes and exposure to running press brakes, lasers, punches and/or welding is preferred, but not required
- Prefer candidates with experience working on an off-shift schedule
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with OSHA standards, safety initiatives and audits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with time keeping and ERP/MRP systems software
- Experience in leading and implementing lean manufacturing processes and tools such as; one piece flow, 5S, standardized work, Kanban, value stream mapping and kaizen events
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Privately owned business who just celebrated their 100th year in business! Their core values are based on five main principles:
QUALITY: Consistently deliver the highest quality products/ services and strive to exceed customer needs to create an optimal customer experience.
PEOPLE: Treat all of their employees with dignity and respect, ensure everyone's safety, promote teamwork and invest in talent development
REPUTATION: Pride themselves on being a family-owned company, with the highest ethics and integrity, performing as an industry and community leader.
COMMUNICATION: Communicate honestly and respectfully with all people to share information in a clear and timely manner and build the best relationships.
GROWTH & INNOVATION: Committed to delivering growth through a long-term strategy that drives (product and process) innovation meets financial targets and invests in our future.
They are dedicated to being a preferred employer who looks to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, and have a desire to learn and grow. Their culture of continuous improvement values hiring individuals that are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond. Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)