Experis' Client is currently seeking an IT Master Scheduler for a long-term contract assignment. This role will start out remote but will require 100% on-site at the client location once the client requires it which could be soon. Any candidates must be willing to work in Brooklyn, NY once the client requires it as they will not allow remote work at this point.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience overseeing medium to large scale projects.
- At least 8 years of experience in IT project planning/management or scheduling experience
- Proficient in MS Project Professional is required and working with 2013 is desired
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts and problems and follow through to completion
- Pro-active with high levels of energy, tenacity and enthusiasm to deliver results
- Exceptional focus on quality and strong attention to detail
- Competent in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate with team members, multi-task, and adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT professional who has managed public safety projects
- Experience working with or for New York City government agencies is desired
- Solid technical experience in a large-scale enterprise environment for Emergency Services is highly desired
- Ability to conduct "What-If" scenario planning, WBS development and knowledge of Critical Path Method (CPM) is highly desired
- PMI-SP certification is highly desired
- Organize and implement the scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
- Assist setting up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project requirements as scheduled.
- Log project timelines and maintain a master, integrated schedule of tasks and their status.
- Roll up individual project plans and dependencies into an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Provide summary level schedule visuals for coordination and reporting.
- Interact with project staff to schedule work, coordinate assignments and identification of variances from original/baseline plans.
- Facilitate coordination and integration with Interrelated Public Safety projects to ensure continuity of program milestones and interdependencies.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend workaround.
- Assist project teams to develop reports to keep management informed on project progress regarding schedule.
- Conduct analyses to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.