Experis IT - A Manpower Company is the premier vendor for some of the most prestigious companies in the Wisconsin. We have partnered with a local Fortune 500 organization in the Southeastern Wisconsin to find a contract to direct hire IIS Web Server System Administrator join their winning team. If you are interested in applying and hearing more about the opportunity, please connect with Missy Gonzales at email@example.com. Referrals are welcomed and rewarded.
Standard Job Description: This person will act as subject matter expert for IIS system administration and support for web and intranet applications. They will also
- Manage web services, 3rd party SSL certificates and general server configurations, including installing patches and web server security.
- Provide long-term performance improvements and capacity planning recommendations.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high priority issues within IIS.
- Provide tuning recommendations to resolve complex performance issues (response time, throughput, etc.).
- Provide input and insight to the architecture and build process for setting up and configuring web services.
- Plan and implement upgrades and migration strategies for IIS.
- Assist in performing periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Set standards for the configurations of new applications.
- Assist with automating and improving the application release process.
- Assist in continuous integration and deployment pipeline setup and configuration.
- Mentor other team members on IIS configuration and architecture best practices.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and application development teams to ensure optimal performance for IIS related websites.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- 5+ years experience in IIS administration, installation and configuration.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with general Windows Server administration tasks.
- Experience with IIS log analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Dynatrace, IIS Tracer, Debug Diagnostics and Log Parser.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012, load balancers, general networking and firewall concepts.
- Experience designing and architecting web servers, which includes clustering and/or load balancing technologies.
- Experience with website performance tuning, monitoring and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)