We are seeking a contractor (for one year with possibility of extending to two years) with bioanalytical and wet bench laboratory experience, who is also familiar with and can support the team with data analysis.
* Minimum M.S. in a science related field: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Bioanalytical or related field
* A PhD degree is preferred but not essential - Will consider Bachelor's with commensurate experience.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience: in a bioanalytical role acquiring metabolomics data
* Experienced with using Agilent MassHunter software
* Is capable of operating one or more of the following LC/MS instruments: uHPLC/ Q-TOF, TOF and QQQ or Orbitrap
* Familiar with using public and vendor supplied mass spectrometry software for processing, analyzing and annotating metabolomics data
* Some experience querying the published literature to help interpret mass spectrometry results
Preferred: * Has previous experience extracting small molecule metabolites from various biological matrixes
* Basic understanding of Statistics
* A background in biology and biochemistry
* Familiarity with using Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Multi-task effectively and prioritize multiple projects under guidance
* Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed
* Ability to analyze, interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
* Experienced with using Microsoft Office. Familiarity with using GraphPad Prism, Spotfire and/or some programming skills (R or Python) is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* About you - You are self-driven/managed and motivated! You enjoy working on your own, however you do see the value of teamwork and are encouraged to ask questions; you have a passion to get the job done right. You are responsible, competent and always fully engaged with what you do. You are proactive and adaptable. You are organized and can manage time effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to help make a difference using your bioanalytical experience to further develop key skills in metabolomics applied to drug discovery.
The successful candidate will gain valuable exposure to a variety of biological projects, interacting with a cross-functional team at the Cambridge Exploratory Science site.
In lab you will use a combination of manual and automated liquid dispensing approaches to process biological samples, extract metabolites from various biological matrixes: cell culture, tissues, and biofluids such as plasma/serum; acquire and analyze data generated on high resolution, accurate mass LC/MS and LC/MS/MS instruments. Working closely together with the team, interpret metabolomics data using various statistical and visualization tools, and summarize results to help with communication to additional stakeholders.
You will need to ensure accurate and consistent data analysis, documenting in an ELN, assist with keeping the instruments running, follow laboratory and safety protocols, help with routine instrument maintenance, as well as writing/reporting will be part of daily activities. Training will be provided where needed.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
100 Manpower Place | Milwaukee, WI 53212
Desk # - 414-203-8334, Ext-7140