Occupational Health & Safety Consultant
Athens, AL 35611
Full-time Salaried position
Competitive rate available
Inspired by over 100 years of insight, our client, the world's largest international office furniture manufacturing company, leverages the power of place to offer a comprehensive portfolio of workplace, healthcare, and education products, furnishings and services to serve the world's leading organizations. Founded in 1912, our client is the global leader in enhancing how people work, heal, and learn.
BA / BS degree required. Degree major or concentration in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety strongly preferred
- Master's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in Health & Safety profession required
- Must have Health & Safety experience in a manufacturing environment including mechanical knowledge/aptitude (i.e, must have knowledge of how a mechanical press works in order to understand how to properly guard the equipment)
- Strong technical background in Ergonomic evaluations that support lean manufacturing environments
- Strong technology experience required (i.e. familiar with learning on an iPad or Android device and entering data via a smart device)
- Experience leading a team of direct reports strongly preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable laws (OSHA, GHS, etc.), safe work practices (LOTO, confined space, etc.), and training techniques required
Consult with plant Business Partners and client stakeholder to qualify and validate needs and solutions. Design, build and support processes and tools within framework parameters for Health & Safety products, services, and programs.
- Collaborate with Health & Safety leaders to scope project and secure necessary resources to ensure quality, schedule, and budget requirements are met.
- In conjunction with IT, ensure system requirements for tools and services are identified and met. Collaborate with Health & Safety leaders and analysts to establish specific compliance requirements for Health & Safety standards, processes and tools.
- May engage outside resources and manage relationship between vendors and clients.
*Our client cannot provide sponsorship;
candidates must be US Citizens or US Green Card holders.*
The successful candidate will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)