Currently Experis is actively hiring for a Chemist II role with an international pharmaceutical company in North Chicago, IL for a 12-month contract. Below is the job description.
The Bioanalytical group is looking for an experienced Bio-analytical Scientist/Lab Technician to perform routine/non-routine analysis as well as formulation work within the group. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with various bioanalytical tests including SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, cIEF, protein content assay, liquid chromatography techniques (eg. SEC, CEX, HIC and RP HPLC), along with common Compendial wet chemistry techniques ( i.e., Karl Fisher, Physical tests). Experience in analyzing and interpreting bioanalytical data and working with project teams is a plus.
- Working with project leads on projects of varying complexity including routine and non-routine analysis, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Perform routine tests including simple tests (clarify/color/pH), protein content assay, SDS-PAGE/ CE-SDS, cIEF, SEC/ CEX/HIC/ RP HPLC, ELISA and related bioassay.
- Documenting experiments with electronic notebook (eLN).
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, GxP compliance, and animal care.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or related science.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out job function.
- Familiarity with various compendial wet chemistry tests and HPLC, preferred.
- *** Assignment is set to run for 12 months but could be extended based on performance and department need, so candidates MUST be able to work for up to 2 years without issues. ***
If this sounds like a good fit, I would love to discuss this opportunity with you and get to know you and your career background. Please send your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and I look forward to hear from you soon!
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)