Experis Finance is seeking an Accountant in the Rolling Meadows, IL area. If you are looking for a role that you can contribute your professional expertise as well as grow in an established business environment, this is the job for you!
In this role you will:
- Review general ledger accounts and correct journal entries as well as maintain debts & credits
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries.
- Proactively work on period end analysis and close activities that provide leadership timely and reliable financial information, including identifying leading indicators and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Ensure that internal controls are supported.
- Formulate financial statements
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Evaluate and recommend process changes and improvements for all accounting functions.
Successful Accounting Consultant should possess knowledge and experience in the following or related fields:
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university with three to seven years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience; Progressive experience in accounting, analysis, and account reconciliation work required
- Must possess ability to apply a broad knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures to the completion of both recurring and ad hoc analyses, assignments and tasks.
- Basic knowledge and practical application of financial policies and procedures, GAAP and internal controls needed.
- Strong process skills
This is a contract role, expected to last 8-12 months.
For more information, please contact: Svea Meyer, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)