Experis Finance is seeking an Accountant in the Red Wing, MN area.
If you are looking for a role that you can contribute your professional expertise as well as grow in an established business environment, this is the job for you!
In this role you will:
- Month End Close Process month end close for multiple entities by reviewing and correcting edits of system entries, preparing and posting journal entries, tracking to close schedule, reviewing accounts and
reports, processing reports, and completing the reconciliation process.
- Proactively work on period end analysis and close activities that provide leadership timely and reliable financial information, including identifying leading indicators and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports including accruals, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Ensure that internal controls are supported.
- Provide leading indicators of issues; and develop subject matter expertise on system and process change activities.
- Prepare and review of journal entries as well as debts & credits.
- Formulate financial statements
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Evaluate and recommend process changes and improvements for all accounting functions.
Successful Accounting Consultant should possess knowledge and experience in the following or related fields:
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university with three to seven years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience; Progressive experience in accounting, analysis, and account reconciliation work required
- Must possess ability to apply a broad knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures to the completion of both recurring and ad hoc analyses, assignments and tasks.
- Basic knowledge and practical application of financial policies and procedures, GAAP and internal controls needed.
- Strong process skills
For more information, please contact: Svea Meyer, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)